New Career Vision
Career Transition Resource Center
Holistically empowering individuals with information, resources and support
to achieve their education and career dreams
School Research Tools:
- California Colleges (private and public)
(transfer agreements between California public colleges/universities)
- Learning Advisor– Degree and certificate research tool for adult learners
Accreditation Research Tools:
- “Types of Accreditation – What’s the Difference” (Youtube video)
- US Dept of Education: (Check a colleges’ accreditation status)
- CHEA – Council for Higher Education Accreditation – “recognizes of accreditors”
- Accrediting Organizations (a list of regional and career accrediting organizations)
Career Research: (How to Find a New Career)
Free, Open-Access Online Databases for Exploring and Researching Career Interests
- California Career Cafe – A free career planning website developed by the California Community College system. Resources are open to the public.
- Certification Finder – Find current certifications for your occupation or industry
- My Next Move: What What do you want to do for a living? (O-Net)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – online database of career information
- O*Net – occupational search database
- NCDA’s Link to registered career counselors – help finding a new career
- Second Act – An online resource for mid-life career changers
Organizations That Help Individuals to Identify Appropriate Career Goals
- Cypress College – Career Planning Center (Resources are open and available for public use during normal business hours. Access to career counselors during Fall and Spring semesters.)
- Golden West College – Career Center (Resources open and available for public use during normal business hours)
- Women at Work – a non-profit career resource center in Pasadena, CA
- Women Helping Women – a non-profit job search resource center in Santa Ana, CA
- JVS Los Angeles – a non-profit career services and job search center in Los Angeles, CA
Job Search Links: (How to Find a New Job)
- List of Online Job Search Links – A downloadable PDF document with website links
- Opportunity.Gov (educational Opportunities for unemployed workers)
- Jewish Vocational Services – Resource Center in Los Angeles
- Your Employment Network – a self-paced return-to-work assistance resource for adults receiving SSI benefits.
- Unemployed Network – an advocacy group for the unemployed.
- Women At Work – a job search support center in Pasadena, CA
- Women Helping Women – a job search support center in Orange County, CA
- Top Web Tools for America’s Job Seekers – a list from NCDA
- Workforce 50 – Employment and Career Change Resources for People Over 50
- Senior Job Bank – Original job site for boomers and seniors
For Help with Starting New For-Profit and/or Non-Profit Business Links
- SBA – Small Business Administration (Federal government agency – commissioned with empowering small businesses)
- California State Board of Equalization – Workshops: Starting Non-Profit Business
- Article: “The Non-Profit Option” Source: The Second Act
- Inland Empire Women’s Business Center (IEWBC) – A non-profit resource center for women business owners in San Bernardino County
- Angel Capital Association – A network high net worth individual who invests directly into promising entrepreneurial businesses in return for stock in the companies.
Social Service & Other Community Service Links
Financial, food, shelter, clothing, etc.
- Dial 2-1-1 – for referrals to local social service organizations
- Making Home Affordable – Help for homeowners needing mortgage help
- United Way – help finding referrals for food, shelter, clothing, medical and other needs, etc.
- We Connect – A first place to start to find referrals to government and community-based resources for money, opportunities, and dreams in California
- Working Wardrobes – Professional wardrobe assistance to disadvantaged populations
- Public Law Center – Orange County Legal Clinic
- Inland Counties Legal Services – San Bernardino County Legal Clinic.
Family & Personal Support Services
- National Family Care Givers Association – information and resources for caregivers
- United Way – help finding referrals for counseling needs, etc.
- Elder Care:
- Suicide Prevention – Referrals (Or call: 1-800-273-TALK )
Community-Based Psychological Clinics & Assessments – University Counselor Training Centers
Psychological counseling (and possibly testing services) (Fees are often based on ability to pay)
- Animal Assistance League of Orange County – They will help you keep your pets during financial hardships
- No Paws Left Behind — Helps homeowners facing foreclosure find shelter care for their pets
- Inland Valley Humane Society & ASPCA – Provide low-cost vaccination clinics & free spay/neuter services to local area residents. (See website for more information.)
- VFW – Veterans of Foreign Wars – Supports veterans who face a variety of needs.