New Career Vision
Career Transition Resource Center
Holistically empowering individuals with information, resources and support
to achieve their education and career dreams
For Staff Members Only
The following assessments are very useful in helping individuals understand themselves better, which tends to facilitate better decision-making. You can use these for your own personal use, and/or recommend them to clients when appropriate. Tools marked with an asterisk (*) require special credentials to administer to others.
- 5 Love Languages – Your primary ways of expressing and interpreting love
- Career Anchors (Research-based assessment on work values): Does not include money because money usually represents something else instead.
- Career Decision-Making Difficulties Questionnaire – Assesses why individuals have difficulty making career decisions, and breaks it down to three main types – Lack of readiness, lack of information, and Inconsistent Information.
- Career Thoughts Inventory™ (CTI™):* Identifies who would benefit from career counseling
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0: Self-Awareness, Self–Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Management
- How We Love – Your Love Styles
- Index of Learning Styles Questionnaire – A learning styles inventory
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator* (MBTI) – Personality:
- Step I – 4 letter code
- Step II — differentiation within each code
- Step III* (psychologists only) —
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII)* – Career Interests
- Wellbeing Finder – The 5 Essential Elements: Career, Social, Financial, Physical, Community
- Values in Action – Identifying character strengths
- Vocopher – A free database of career research, free career assessments and other resources. Intended to be a tool for career development professionals.