New Career Vision
Career Transition Resource Center
Holistically empowering individuals with information, resources and support
to achieve their education and career dreams
Here are some links to help you:
Consultant Training & Support Resources:
(To help you establish yourself as an independent business consultant)
- International Coach Federation: How to get certified as a coach
- CDF Trainers – List of places to go for training to get certified as e a Career Development Facilitator (individuals who support various populations with careers — career center personnel, career coaches, resume writers, human resource professionals, employment placement personnel, etc.)
- Certified Tough Transitions Career Coach – gives you a proven process and targeted techniques to help clients transitioning from unemployment, under-employment, or unhappy employment.
- StrengthsFinder – Coach training (strengths-based coaching)
- Website Development:
- Using Social Media:
- Information to help you set up your social media:
- Workshop: Maintaining a Positive Online Presence
- Blog Hosting Sites:
- Copyright registration information
Client Support Resources: (To help you to help the clients)
- “We Connect California” – Helps individuals connect with resources for “money, opportunity and dreams”
- Keep Your Home California – Resources for individuals concerned about losing their homes
- Wellbeing Finder – The 5 Essential Elements: Career, Social, Financial, Physical, Community
- Center for Life Transitions — Inspiring Hope, Embracing Change, Enriching Lives
- Youtube Video: “It’s Not About the Nail” — Good for teaching empathic listening.
- Event photographers – University Photo — For establishing professional online presence
- CTE Toolbox – Resources for Career and Technical Education
Professional Associations/Networking Organizations and Resources:
- Career Readiness Partner Counsel – a broad-based coalition of education, policy, business, philanthropic organizations that strives to forward a more comprehensive vision for what it means to be career ready.
- Alliance of Career Development Nonprofits — a network of grassroots organizations that serve women and men who seek to join or reenter the workforce.
- College & Career Readiness & Success Center – Helps states and other CCRS stakeholders better inform, align, and support efforts to ensure that all students are ready for success in college and careers.
- Employability Skills Framework – websites advances a unifying framework that cuts across the workforce development and education sectors.
- Workforce3one — Resources for Workforce System Success
- CAEL – Council for Adult and Experiential Learning – Links learning to work for adults.
Informational – Topics of Interest to Staff Members
- Geert Hofsteade – Leading Researcher into National and Organizational Culture (Helpful in understanding Globalization)
- Developmental Education Links – Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC) is a leader in promoting developmental education. This link provides access to resources in Dev. Education. Click on the “Professional Development” tab on the middle of the page.