New Career Vision
Career Transition Resource Center
Holistically empowering individuals with information, resources and support
to achieve their education and career dreams
Why Support Us?
We aim to provide information, resources and support to a population of people who have a lot of needs and concerns that often make it challenging for them to know what they need to do next.
Our clients are adults who meet any of the following criteria:
- Are dealing with a life transition which affects their employment status or employability
- Want guidance for pursuing a college education
- Want or need to pursue a new career path
- Anticipate that advances in technology will negatively impact their employability
- Anticipate that changes in cultural norms will negatively impact their employability
- Need to upgrade their skills, but not sure where to turn for help
- Life has been turned up-side-down by the economic crisis
- Are long-term unemployed and are looking for direction for their lives
- Facing recent or impending job loss, and want guidance and support for their decision-making process
- Are under-employed and want to change their circumstances
- Are finding it increasingly difficult to continue in their current profession due to new or recent physical limitations, age-related, or other disability-related issues
- Want to discover their life purpose
Over 15 years of professional experience has shown that many of these people: don’t know what to do, how to do it, and/or become overwhelmed with the challenges they face when they try. In addition, many are dealing with issues of fear, grief, hopelessness, major life transitions, an inability to meet basic needs, conflicting priorities, and other emotional or spiritual issues that distract them from doing what they need to do on a daily basis. Unfortunately, by the time some of these people actually ask for help, they may be in crisis and therefore may not be in a position to pay for professional services.
Our Short-Term Financial Support Goals:
We are a new entity birthed from the current economic situation. Our primary start-up goals are two-fold:
1) Provide professional consultants our clients need most:
- Education & Career Counseling
- Others as demand requires it: Financial Advisor, Learning Specialist, etc.
2) Client Incentive Program: To either fund the gift-card incentive program, or to provide actual gift cards (in $10 or $25 denominations) for major retailers (Wal-Mart and Target), gasoline, and/or restaurants.
Individuals who are in survival mode will respond most to offers to help meet their basic needs. We will refer to social services and other community resources as appropriate. The gift card incentive program is designed to help clients meet needs that are not addressed through other means.
If you would like to support us, donations may be made to New Career Vision in any of the following ways:
- If you would like to provide the gift cards directly to New Career Vision, please contact Kathleen High directly for further instructions.
Provide give gift cards to the Client Incentive Program:
- Provide gift cards (in $10 or $25 denominations) for major retailers (Wal-Mart and Target), gasoline, and/or restaurants. If you would like to provide the gift cards directly to New Career Vision, please contact Kathleen High directly for further instructions.
Vehicle Donation Program:
- New! You can donate your unwanted vehicle to New Career Vision and receive a tax deduction. Please check back later for updated information, or contact Kathleen High directly for further instructions.